Get Started Centerpin Fishing with This $55 Reel #fishing #flyfishing #centerpin

Answering the mail on the Centerpin Reel I used to catch a couple trout. So far, I like it... able to try this method with spending too much!

I bought the reel in Amazon but shipped from the UK. It took several weeks for it to arrive. While it was intransit, I watched a number of videos on centerpin fishing, casting, and techniques.

After it arrived, I practiced casting it using a Wallis Cast that calls for pulling the line off the reel and then casting. Similar to a double haul cast when fly fishing.

I still need to practice my cast to reduce the backlashes I get, but I am able to cast it far enough to fish local ponds.

My intent is to try float fishing it at the local tailrace - Denison Dam and possibly Lake Lewisville Ecological Learning Area (LLELA).  Both, offer a great opportunity to drift fish.

Given the reel as virtually no drag, line comes off easily and should offer a drag free drift when fishing a tailrace.

Do check back for more. And, do checkout the video short to see the reel spin effortlessly!


NGT Centerpin Reel on Amazon Link


Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

How Do We Clean and Cook Trout?

Blue River for Switch Rod Casting Practice...! #switchrod #flyfishing

TRDW Flyfest...

Ukulele and Q&A and Near Deere Give Away!

First Trout Caught at End of the Garden Creek!

Denison Dam Tonight

What is the Best Setup for a Beginner.... #flyfishing

Lake Lavon This Morning

COAF Field Team Vlog #1... Sonic Pond This Round