Try This Retrieve for Trout - Downstream Drift

Sometimes a downstream drift to trout may be needed. Here is how I fished the Blue River in Oklahoma one trip when trout were lurking in a pocket. Do give it a try!

This trip the trout were not cooperating. They were staying in the pocket but were ignoring the fishing fly.

I moved upstream and started using this retrieve and once I got the timing and depth dialed in, the trout struck immediately!




Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

When You Can't Go Fishing, We Can Talk Fishing...!

Kastking Zephyr | Checkout Our First Impression Fishing With the BFS Reel | Liking It!

How Many Fish...? 🤔#shorts

Cheese Cloth and Bread as Bait

What Kind of Spinning Gear and Do We Use a Swivel?

Five Tips For Fly Fishing in a Kayak #kayaking #flyfishing

Fly Casting with a Three Foot Fly Rod and no Reel... Hand Hold Revisited? #orvis #practicaster #demo

Fly Fishing Tips... How We Fish the Betts Bream Getter!

Back Again to Murphy City Hall Pond This Round! (Feb 24, 2015)