This $2 Lure Works, and an Inline Spinner | Plus Cool Video of a Bass Chasing a Bluegill!

Here is the second in the $2 BFS Lure Series where I fish discount lures using ultralight baitcasting gear. 

First round, I fished a Crawdad. This time, I fish a hard bait that looks like a Yo-Zuri lure.

I started out fishing a Chartreuse one but switched to an Inline Spinner because the pond had lots of greenery fouling the lure.

Soon after, a Bass chased a Bluegill into the shallows directly in front of me. Got some cool video of it! That said, I cast the spinner and caught a Bass... may have been the one that was chasing a Bluegill!

Afterwards, I lost the spinner to a Tree Fish. I decided to go back to the $2 Lure but went with a White one. I also removed the rear hook and left the front hook on in hopes of fouling the lure less.

It did work, caught a Bass and also lost one! I learned a stop and go retrieve works well, and watched a Bass swallow the lure... I set the hook but did not land it.

Fun times... to check back, playing around with another $2 Lure... another Yo-Zuri imitation that looks very similar to a Snapbean!


See more Creme Lures available at Wal-Mart online. Click-on picture for more details!

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

TRDW Flyfest...

How Do We Clean and Cook Trout?

Over-Lining Our Fly Rods

Blue River for Switch Rod Casting Practice...! #switchrod #flyfishing

Ukulele and Q&A and Near Deere Give Away!

First Trout Caught at End of the Garden Creek!

Denison Dam Tonight

What is the Best Setup for a Beginner.... #flyfishing

Lake Lavon This Morning

Fly Fishing : Stripers below PK - Not Good!