DIY Live Underwater Video Feed | GoPro to Phone Rig | Field Test

Finally, I was able to test the DIY GoPro to Phone Rig that would allow me to control my GoPro using my phone as well as allow me to see the live video feed to my phone.

Simple rig that used PVC, COAX TV Cable, a metal extension with a GoPro mount to hold the GoPro and another mount to hold the phone.

While testing the rig in a bucket the GoPro would stay connected via Wi-Fi as far as 20 feet without the rig.

However, in the field, the camera lost the Wi-Fi connection. I needed the DIY GoPro to Phone Rig to stay connected.

The rig worked!

  • I could start and stop the recording, turn it off and surprisingly… back on too!
  • I watched the live video feed; no fish but it was a field test more than a fishing trip.
  • And, even stay connected up to 10 plus feet away. I did not have to have the phone touching the cable.

Below are links to what I used to build the rig… will host a live stream to detail how I built it.

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Blue River for Switch Rod Casting Practice...! #switchrod #flyfishing

iFishNews Fishing Podcast #3 - Tenkara Fishing in Close Quarters?

Ukulele and Q&A and Near Deere Give Away!

First Trout Caught at End of the Garden Creek!

Denison Dam Tonight

Lake Lavon This Morning

COAF Field Team Vlog #1... Sonic Pond This Round