Casting Ultralight Lures for Trout #shorts

YouTube Shorts video where I practice casting ultralight lures using a Kastking Zephyr BFS reel lined with 10lbs Spiderwire which has an equivalent diameter to 2lbs monofilament. 1/16oz Roostertail gets one trout to strike!

Still educating my thumb. As a workaround while I train my thumb, I will line the reel with about 100 plus feet of braided line. This allows me to cast all line on the spool, and if I do get a backlash, I can quickly untangle the line and get back to casting.

This round was a little more tricky to get dialed in due to the windy conditions and the thin diameter of the line which tended to hang up on the arbor knot I used to attach the line to the spool.

Do check back, plan to try more BFS fishing for trout in the next few weeks.

Dual BFS Fly Rod Suggestions

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Blue River for Switch Rod Casting Practice...! #switchrod #flyfishing

iFishNews Fishing Podcast #3 - Tenkara Fishing in Close Quarters?

Ukulele and Q&A and Near Deere Give Away!

First Trout Caught at End of the Garden Creek!

Denison Dam Tonight

Lake Lavon This Morning

COAF Field Team Vlog #1... Sonic Pond This Round