Texoma on Sunday afternoon

Liking this report from Texoma!

 

Texoma on Sunday afternoon [by didja getny]

I went to Texoma yesterday afternoon. Put in at the dam and scouted for at least an hour before I found fish. But when I found them it was on! First school I found was 6" dinks. After they cruised by they were followed by a healthy school of overs. From this school I landed a couple of 6 lb'ers, then hooked one quite a bit larger. I fought it for about 60 seconds, then it popped off. Hooked another good one and it popped off. Then a third.....that popped off. There's a moral to this story: check your hook! Apparently I had bent the hook on the first big one, and lost two more being too lazy to check my hook.

As it turned out, the two 6 pounders were my biggest fish. But I caught countless 16" to 20" fish......along with a bunch of dinks. I caught all these fish within 40 yards of the bank, so you guys with float tubes and kayaks can get to them. I found them in 8' to 17' of water and used a T6 full sink line to get down to them. And, as usual, I used a very Purdy clouser to catch them. For any who are interested, I'll share locations in a pm.

[Linked Image]

Retrieved from http://texasfishingforum.com/forums

 

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

When You Can't Go Fishing, We Can Talk Fishing...!

Fly Fishing Tips... How We Fish the Betts Bream Getter!

Cheese Cloth and Bread as Bait

Another Question... Tennis Ball Fishing Float #fishingfloat

How Many Fish...? 🤔#shorts

Stripers at Possum Kingdom!

Old Abu Garcia Inline Spinner Catches 20+ Fish | Vintage Lure Series - Round 3

Five Tips For Fly Fishing in a Kayak #kayaking #flyfishing