Fly Fishing : Match the hatch - catfish ?

Liking this post!

fishr3: Match the hatch - catfish ?

I took a long walk along Mason creek here in Katy and saw schools of baitfish swirling, swimming, and skimming after the mowers had cut the grass. I saw a few pods of these catfish and several pods of threadfin shad. Has anyone tied a catfish fly. I recall someone saying the bass will hammer these little catfish. I'm thinking a black woolly bugger should work.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/07/full-3539-120405-p7180013.jpg
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/07/full-3539-120403-p7180018.jpg
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/07/full-3539-120404-p7180021.jpg
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/07/full-3539-120409-p7180009.jpg
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/07/full-3539-120411-p7180005.jpg


Catfish video

 

Retrieved from http://texasfishingforum.com/forums

 

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

When You Can't Go Fishing, We Can Talk Fishing...!

How Many Fish...? 🤔#shorts

Fly Fishing Tips... How We Fish the Betts Bream Getter!

Cheese Cloth and Bread as Bait

Five Tips For Fly Fishing in a Kayak #kayaking #flyfishing

Another Question... Tennis Ball Fishing Float #fishingfloat

Kastking Zephyr | Checkout Our First Impression Fishing With the BFS Reel | Liking It!

How Do We Clean and Cook Trout?