Rowlett Creek 2016

Report from RC this past weekend.
LakeForkGroupie: Re: Rowlett Creek 2016
Fishing was slow Sat morning. I had muddy water. I fished down by 66 bridge and noticed cars were coming and going, after hitting several spots, using several lures and colors, I found out why.. no fish. I left about the same time as others, they also blanked. Decided to head up to Firewheel and use the 4X4 truck in the mud. Finally found a few fish in the first pocket up the bridge, couldn't find them anywhere else. Ended up catching 12 small ones on tiny flukes dragged on the bottom. I have noticed the flood waters have moved around some underwater brush piles as I lost a lot of lures in new places.

Also saw about 20 snakes. All water snakes. They just kept swimming all over the creek. No snakes on land, happy about that.
 

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

When You Can't Go Fishing, We Can Talk Fishing...!

Kastking Zephyr | Checkout Our First Impression Fishing With the BFS Reel | Liking It!

How Many Fish...? 🤔#shorts

What Kind of Spinning Gear and Do We Use a Swivel?

Five Tips For Fly Fishing in a Kayak #kayaking #flyfishing

Fly Casting with a Three Foot Fly Rod and no Reel... Hand Hold Revisited? #orvis #practicaster #demo

How Do We Clean and Cook Trout?

Back Again to Murphy City Hall Pond This Round! (Feb 24, 2015)