Lake Somerville

Somerville report looks good!

 

J-Moe: Re: Lake Somerville

Most of the summer Ben and I have been fishing in the slower moving water on the sides of the chute. It has continued to be less and less productive so I decided to challenge the 2200 cfs flow with the fly rod again. Finally, after 2 years I figured out how to be successful. Sunday morning was incredible fishing. I waited until 8 AM for a break in the rain. I caught 15 keeper white bass before 9 AM. It started pouring so I took a break for about 45 minutes. They started reducing the flow at about 8:30. When I started fishing again at 9:45 the bite was insane. I was catching white bass on every cast for a while. As they continued to reduce the flow the fishing slowed down as well. I finally quit about 11:30. I ended up catching around 30 keeper white bass and another 5 to 10 dinks for the day. I kept a handful for a friend.

Most of the fish were caught on a white clouser.

They actually closed the gates all the way down yesterday. I tried in the evening but there was nothing but gar and buffalo roaming around. They have since increased the flow to 1048 cfs. The lake level has risen back up to 245.5 or 7.5 feet above normal.


Retrieved from http://texasfishingforum.com/forums

 

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

TRDW Flyfest...

How Do We Clean and Cook Trout?

Over-Lining Our Fly Rods

Fly Fishing : Stripers below PK - Not Good!

First Fish for 2021!

Ukulele and Q&A and Near Deere Give Away!

Below the Dam at Texoma September 15, 2016

Denison Dam Tonight

PMC Emerger for Some Fun with Bluegill at Bethany! #flyfishing