FW: Nice One... First Double Digit Bass! Joe Pool Lake

Liking this report!

YakAnglerTTU: First Double Digit Bass! Joe Pool Lake

Hey guys! I had one heck of a day on the water today. I went out to Joe Pool and was fishing a secondary point...I was deep cranking in about 15ft or so, catching some nice 17" bass. And then....BOOM. My drag started screaming, and honestly, i thought i hooked a huge catfish. At first, I couldn't budge the fish at all...but once i worked her to the top, and saw what i had i couldn't believe it. I don't consider myself a great bass fisherman, heck I'm average at best. But i watch a ton of kayaking videos like Chad Hoover, Robert Field, and others, and have learned a lot just listening to their tips. This is one of those times that practice pays off and I'm so excited to part of the DD club bannana2

On a side note, i turtled my kayak for the first time today, lost some gear but i was prepared. I think thats huge when you do what we do. I made a noob mistake trying to free one of my crankbaits from a submerged log. But...ill take the good with the bad! Lol.

She weight 10.6 lbs, and was 25" in length! There was a bass boat that was kind enough to weigh my fish, and take some pictures. And another kind bass boat to help grab some gear when i turtled, big thanks to those guys!!

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/06/full-81873-117207-0275afd9_24ce_4fc6_aee4_a2f6ee81dbde.jpg


http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/06/full-81873-117208-8b7182b7_f1c1_4a20_b609_a9176b94ec00.jpg

 

Retrieved from http://texasfishingforum.com/forums

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

TRDW Flyfest...

How Do We Clean and Cook Trout?

Over-Lining Our Fly Rods

Blue River for Switch Rod Casting Practice...! #switchrod #flyfishing

Ukulele and Q&A and Near Deere Give Away!

First Trout Caught at End of the Garden Creek!

Denison Dam Tonight

What is the Best Setup for a Beginner.... #flyfishing

Lake Lavon This Morning

COAF Field Team Vlog #1... Sonic Pond This Round