Lower Mountain Fork Report - 2/26 - 2/28

Good info on a February trip to LMF. Do be aware of the Game Wardens!

ftwtodd: Re: Lower Mountain Fork Report
I went up there Feb 26-28. Apparently they stocked on Feb 25 but who knows where, we certainly weren't in the place they did. Fished all along Spillway Creek Friday evening, starting at the spillway. Nothing was biting there so we made our way further down. We caught a few in the lower end of Spillway (above where Cold Hole was pre-flood, by where the old blue stocking pipe used to be). One was roughly 18-20" my buddy hooked into but got off. I personally only hooked into 1 or two that evening.

Saturday the 27th was slow fishing, didn't catch anything in Spillway myself. My buddy got a little one, but that was about it until we came back Saturday late afternoon to the Evening Hole bridge. Hooked into one tiny one above the bridge in some skinny water. Not much going on until we found a hole they were pooled up in next to the bridge. We pulled probably 30+ small stockers out of it in about 45 minutes. I was happy we ran into that hole, but I don't know how soon I will return to fish. It was freaking packed with fisherman and we didn't catch many quality fish. Hopefully they can rebuild it/restock it like it was, or maybe I just need to find the new holes to fish:)

Game wardens were out and we got checked, which was a first for me at LMF for the 6-7 years I've been going up there.

Retrieved from http://texasfishingforum.com/forums

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Is It Ethical To Fish On Spawning Beds?

Below the Dam at Texoma September 15, 2016

Fly Fishing : Stripers below PK - Not Good!

General Observations for Locating Fish in a River

Over-Lining Our Fly Rods

TPWD Answers Our Question about Shad!

Lake Somerville

Blue River Catch and Release Information | Questions and Answers | #fishing #flyfishing #blueriver

How Do We Clean and Cook Trout?