Texoma on Sunday afternoon

Liking this report from Texoma!

 

Texoma on Sunday afternoon [by didja getny]

I went to Texoma yesterday afternoon. Put in at the dam and scouted for at least an hour before I found fish. But when I found them it was on! First school I found was 6" dinks. After they cruised by they were followed by a healthy school of overs. From this school I landed a couple of 6 lb'ers, then hooked one quite a bit larger. I fought it for about 60 seconds, then it popped off. Hooked another good one and it popped off. Then a third.....that popped off. There's a moral to this story: check your hook! Apparently I had bent the hook on the first big one, and lost two more being too lazy to check my hook.

As it turned out, the two 6 pounders were my biggest fish. But I caught countless 16" to 20" fish......along with a bunch of dinks. I caught all these fish within 40 yards of the bank, so you guys with float tubes and kayaks can get to them. I found them in 8' to 17' of water and used a T6 full sink line to get down to them. And, as usual, I used a very Purdy clouser to catch them. For any who are interested, I'll share locations in a pm.

[Linked Image]

Retrieved from http://texasfishingforum.com/forums

 

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-Lining Our Fly Rods

TPWD Answers Our Question about Shad!

How to Get Over a Cold... Go Fishing! #fishing #flyfishing

Below the Dam at Texoma September 15, 2016

Fly Fishing : Stripers below PK - Not Good!

General Observations for Locating Fish in a River

Lake Somerville

Blue River Catch and Release Information | Questions and Answers | #fishing #flyfishing #blueriver

How Do We Clean and Cook Trout?