Fly Fishing : Blanco River Fly Fishing

Liking this report from the Blanco River!

 

Ruffhouse: Blanco River Fly Fishing

Went and stayed in Blanco, TX this weekend to visit some friends.

I managed to sneak away for a bit to hit the river with my fly rod.

New species for me.
Rio Grande Cichlid I believe (correct me if I am wrong).
I saw this guy sitting beneath a large rock so I casted my Hopper right to him to see if he would take it. It took a couple of tries but he came up and nailed it at the surface. There is very little that is more exciting to me than watching a fish come to the surface to strike.

Sorry about the bad angle. He decided to flop right as I took the picture.
http://i.imgur.com/2m2lUTS.jpg

Also managed to pull this guy out along with a few REALLY little blue gill that I didn't get any pictures of.

http://i.imgur.com/DxDLAYU.jpg


Sunday was much slower I was only able to get 1 blue gill to take a fly and it got hot pretty quick. So I called it a day.

I had never fished the Blanco River before but it was a great time.

Retrieved from http://texasfishingforum.com/forums 

 

 

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

TRDW Flyfest...

How Do We Clean and Cook Trout?

Over-Lining Our Fly Rods

Blue River for Switch Rod Casting Practice...! #switchrod #flyfishing

Ukulele and Q&A and Near Deere Give Away!

First Trout Caught at End of the Garden Creek!

Denison Dam Tonight

What is the Best Setup for a Beginner.... #flyfishing

Lake Lavon This Morning

Fly Fishing : Stripers below PK - Not Good!