Guided Crappie Spawn Trips- Tips Tricks and Pics (Wade or Boat)

Great info on Lake Lake Lavon from a local guide!

TarponFly: Re: Guided Crappie Spawn Trips- Tips Tricks and Pics (Wade or Boat)
Lavon Report:

Hit some spawning grounds before the wind got bad. Before I arrived at my destination, I was dipping some of the obvious structure in 7-18 ft. Found three in those depths. I got to my spot where they spawned in 2007. Rammed my boat in the wicked mess of old vegetation and that was my anchor. First drop of the Jig I landed what was in the picture, and as I figured, they were there and thick. After 20 minutes of goofing around I decided to hop in the water and Wade. That was definitely the ticket for getting these fish out of that thick stuff. And it's a heck of a lot more fun. 1-3 ft. Most were 1.5 to 2 foot deep on willows and timber. I fished less than 2 hours in super secure secret location, and managed 33 crappie. 13-16 inch average. Males were 13-14 and females were 14-16 inches. Black and chartreuse definitely worked better than white and chartreuse. thump buddies soft plastics was what I was using on 1/16 oz jig head and 8 lb mono. Pink head on the jig.

Water temps 61-64



 

Comments

Enter a keyword to search for archived posts.

Popular posts from this blog

How Do We Clean and Cook Trout?

Over-Lining Our Fly Rods

TRDW Flyfest...

Blue River for Switch Rod Casting Practice...! #switchrod #flyfishing

Glendover Park This Evening

Ukulele and Q&A and Near Deere Give Away!

Below the Dam at Texoma September 15, 2016

First Trout Caught at End of the Garden Creek!

Denison Dam Tonight

What is the Best Setup for a Beginner.... #flyfishing